As witnessed over the past few months, communities must work together to create even greater communities. In their article, “Why Should Your Nonprofit Advocate”, he National Council of Nonprofits assures us that:
- Advocacy helps your nonprofit meet its mission.
- Advocacy helps your nonprofit survive and thrive.
- Nonprofit advocacy helps your community solve problems.
- Nonprofit advocacy helps your community avoid problems.
- Nonprofit advocacy helps give citizens a voice.
- Advocacy helps strengthen communities.
- Advocacy helps public policy makers who need – and often want – citizen input.
Opportunity to Learn:
The Jolley Foundation and Public Education Partners have invited the Greenville nonprofit community to participate in a webinar, Advancing South Carolina Through Nonprofit Advocacy, on Thursday, May 28th, 9:30-11:00. Bolder Advocacy will lead us through the rights of nonprofits to advocate, rules of engaging and tips to maximize our organization’s lobbying power.
Opportunities to engage:
Boards and Commissions at both the state and county level need representation from nonprofit leaders. Get involved and let your voices be heard!
Statewide and multi-county Boards and Commissions vacancies can be found by following this link.
Greenville County Boards and Commissions vacancies can be found by following this link.